Where, my friend, is this Lumbar Region?
Well, friend… It refers to one of the six regions of the axial skeleton:
- the cranial region (skull)
- the cervical region (neck)
- the thoracic region (chest / upper back)
- the lumbar region (abdomen / lower back)
- the sacral region (butt)
- the coccygeal region (tailbone)
And, it’s a very flexible section of the axial skeleton (complementary to the appendicular skeleton). For example… In the torso (thorax plus abdomen), the thorax is surrounded by the ribcage; providing a lot of protection for the soft squishy bits (the lungs, the heart, the stomach, spleen, etc.).